air bag suspension

Submitted: Friday, Sep 14, 2007 at 20:38
ThreadID: 49676 Views:1744 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone set up an air bag suspension set up with the self levelling device? as i have purchased one the other day complete with the wiring and arb compressor and the jigger that mounts between the diff and the chassis but there are lots of plugs and wiring(more than i can possibly find reciprocals for) it came with rolling sleeve bags that i will have to mount with bracket. If anyone has knowledge of how to set this up it would be grateful otherwise i will just set the compressor up in-line and a tap to deflate.

MATTIE
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: viz - Friday, Sep 14, 2007 at 21:23

Friday, Sep 14, 2007 at 21:23
I have just set up the rear of my LC100 (LFA) with air springs. Found it very easy to install, and used my own inflation system, mainly to minimise dash trash... It is not self leveling, and different loads require different pressures - however this is something that gets sorted with experience. NOTE: you MUST get some aftermarked shocks that are compatable with the air springs - I use Tough Dog adjustable as recommended by the supplier. The standards will not make the grade.

What vehicle type and location? I am in Sydney. Email me

viz@pacific.net.au if you want to discuss further

I have only done the back end at this stage and it has totally transformed the vehicle.

viz
AnswerID: 262141

Reply By: mattie - Saturday, Sep 15, 2007 at 07:28

Saturday, Sep 15, 2007 at 07:28
I forgot to mention that the levelling device has haldex stamped on one bit and goyen on the other.

MATTIE
AnswerID: 262194

Sponsored Links